Two winners will each receive one piece of genuine turquoise jewelry (up to $50 in value), handmade by Leela’s friend in Thailand.
The 2 winners will also receive:
- Permanent linked placement on Mel and Leela’s Walls of Fame.
- An adorable Winner’s Badge
Leela of She Simmers and I are proud to present Beet ‘n Squash YOU! — a monthly food- fight wherein the stupendous virtues of vegetables are extolled.
The partners in crime will take turns hosting the open event for all cooks! (bloggers or not).
- May Battle Radish
- April Battle Asparagus
- March Battle Sweet Potato
- February Battle Mushrooms
- January Battle Napa Cabbage
- December Battle Fennel
- November Battle Beets
- Paste the Participant Badge onto your page.
- Publish a post with a recipe featuring this month’s vegetable.
- Email your recipe link to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline. If you don’t have a blog, simply email us the recipe with a photo.
- Publicize this on Twitter to extend the fun to all, especially to veggie-loving friends!
On the following Monday, the host will announce:
- 2 winners! Mel and Leela’s top picks.
- A round-up linking to each participant’s recipe.
- Next Month’s Featured Veggie.
Hosted by Leela!
Paste Participant Badge visibly on your page for the duration of the event. Feel free to remove thereafter:
<a href="http://tiny.cc/kZk4w" target="top"><img src="http://www.gourmetfury.com/beetnsquash/bns_participant.png" border="0" /></a>
Email entry to: email@example.com
Tweet: Battle CUCUMBER! Join @GourmetFury and @SheSimmers #BeetnSquashU http://tiny.cc/vwb0v
Alternately, tweet however you like but please include the tag #BeetnSquashU to keep track of other participants and our announcements.
Submissions Due: Sep 3rd
Winners Announced: Sep 6th
13 Best Things to Eat in Austin Right Now in the Fall of 2013
Belated Austin Restaurant and Bar Openings Plus an Olive Dessert Just Cuz
The Best Croissant in Paris, Look No Further