Two winners will each receive one piece of genuine turquoise jewelry (up to $50 in value), handmade by Leela’s friend in Thailand.
The 2 winners will also receive:
- Permanent linked placement on Mel and Leela’s Walls of Fame.
- An adorable Winner’s Badge
Leela of She Simmers and I are proud to present Beet ‘n Squash YOU! — a monthly food- fight wherein the stupendous virtues of vegetables are extolled.
The partners in crime will take turns hosting the open event for all cooks! (bloggers or not).
- May Battle Radish
- April Battle Asparagus
- March Battle Sweet Potato
- February Battle Mushrooms
- January Battle Napa Cabbage
- December Battle Fennel
- November Battle Beets
- Paste the Participant Badge onto your page.
- Publish a post with a recipe featuring this month’s vegetable.
- Email your recipe link to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline. If you don’t have a blog, simply email us the recipe with a photo.
- Publicize this on Twitter to extend the fun to all, especially to veggie-loving friends!
On the following Monday, the host will announce:
- 2 winners! Mel and Leela’s top picks.
- A round-up linking to each participant’s recipe.
- Next Month’s Featured Veggie.
Hosted by Leela!
Paste Participant Badge visibly on your page for the duration of the event. Feel free to remove thereafter:
<a href="http://tiny.cc/kZk4w" target="top"><img src="http://www.gourmetfury.com/beetnsquash/bns_participant.png" border="0" /></a>
Email entry to: email@example.com
Tweet: Battle CUCUMBER! Join @GourmetFury and @SheSimmers #BeetnSquashU http://tiny.cc/vwb0v
Alternately, tweet however you like but please include the tag #BeetnSquashU to keep track of other participants and our announcements.
Submissions Due: Sep 3rd
Winners Announced: Sep 6th