I read a lot of crazy stuff on the interweb and I re-spit them on Twitter. Then it dawned on me… not all of my readers have twitter! I’ve been depriving some of you from top-notch food and industry news.
So here is a round-up of the most ridiculous and entertaining food news, with a dose of my furious commentary.
The first edition of Melody Spits – here goes.
Telegraph reports that dog meat was on the menu during China’s first space mission. While that doesn’t surprise me, it did lead me to several queries.
- The article claims that dog meat is eaten in N. China to “battle the winter cold”. REALLY? I heard it’s eaten for it’s deliciousness.
- Why didn’t they hire an American to translate their menus? I could have easily made “braised duck neck” and “eel with green pepper” sound appetizing.
Remember what sweetbreads really is, and that sablefish is just re-branding for the common black cod.
- Why’s China still going to space? What are they expecting to find?
There’s good fury, then there’s bad fury.
Naughty ol’ British boy, Gordon. I used to love him. I even dined at his restaurant in Tokyo. I love his uncompromising nature and his dedication to simultaneously nurture talent and eradicate idiots. However, I lost all respect for him when I found out he was cheating on his wife. (Google it)
While I realize that it’s commonplace for celebrities to cheat on their spouses, I resent Ramsay because he exploited his family throughout his career. In F Word, 1/3 of his show was about raising animals in his backyard to show his kids where their food comes from. He appealed as being the ultimate family man. Plus, his wife is drop dead gorgeous! That’s not right.
So now he’s broke, according to New York Post. Cry me a river. Can someone please adopt his kids?
CBS News reports that the “famed” Food Network star, Juan-Carlos Cruz of Calorie Commando, was charged for allegedly hiring several homeless people to kill his wife. For sympathy, he claimed that he was going to “off” himself after.
Where do I begin? I like lists.
- Is this guy famous? Never heard of him.
- Do people still watch Food Network? I stopped 5 years ago.
- There are no low-caloric menus in prison.
I hope you enjoyed the first edition of Melody Spits. I’ll see how this goes. If I get bored (or start to bore you), I’ll stop. If you loved it for some reason, please subscribe to my feed.
p.s. Vancouver Food Tour is now taking reservations!
Discussion : What did you learn today?